I truly want to believe…that I could accomplish this. That I could take time from the world, from stuff and doing and really be able to focus 20-30 minutes and write about varying quasi randomly selected topics over a period of 30 days.
…and then, I laugh to myself as my mind begins to arbitrarily run through the ever-ending list of my current incomplete blog titles, the ones, I was so eager and smart about when I scribbled the title down.
I begin to consider how difficult it is for me to find 20-30 minutes to do something that creates, nooooo, that initiates a spark and awakens a joy, a love of words dancing, spinning, jumping, spiraling across the page constructing a story, a love, a fascination that I have had long since childhood…my adoration with words.
In the past, I have usually scribbled a topic or a few lines in passing and thought “I’ll get back to that”…and if and when I did I am completely devoid of why I selected those words, that topic or what it meant to me at that time.
Having identified, understood and communicated my challenges; I welcome this opportunity and thus, in September I will commit to this writing challenge. You are welcome to join me and write or to follow me and read. I also hope that you will be my encouragement and urge me to push forward as I “write” to complete this challenge like the “Superstar” that I know I am.
30 day writing prompts as written by http://laghairt.wordpress.com/2012/08/04/30-days-meme-2/
1. Write about your current relationship, or about being single. ✓
2. Where do you want to be in ten years? ✓
3. Your opinion about drugs and alcohol.
4. Your opinion about religion.
5. One moment when you thought about suicide.
6. Write thirty interesting facts about yourself. ✓
7. Your star sign and how do you think it fits. ✓
8. Moment when you were most satisfied with your life.
9. What do you hope your future will be? ✓
10. Describe your first love and your first kiss. ✓
11. Turn on your music player, turn on shuffle and write the first ten songs it’ll play. ✓
12. Describe your whole day in short notes.
13. Which country would you like to visit or move in? ✓
14. Your earliest memory. ✓
15. Your favourite bloggers/websites.
16. Your opinion on mainstream music.
17. Your successes and failures in last year.
18. What do you believe in? ✓
19. When did you not respect your parents?
20. How important is education for you?
21. One of your favourite TV shows.
22. How did you change in past two years?
23. Five pictures of famous girls/women you find attractive. ✓
24. Your favourite movie and what it’s about.
25. Someone who fascinates you and why.
26. What kind of men attracts you?
27. What problem did you have?
28. Something you miss.
29. Your goals for the next 30 days.
30. Your successes and failures in this month.